This 4-hour course is required to be able purchase a handgun in Maryland.
- Must be 21.
- Each participant must bring a government issued ID.
- If you are a Medical Marijuana Card holder MSP WILL NOT issue you an HQL
Fingerprints are included in this course. You will be responsible for the payment of the $50.00 MSP application fee.
This class is designed to give the newer shooter and/or someone who has never picked up a firearm in their life the knowledge, skills and abilities to be safe and responsible with firearms as well as have a better understanding of how they work, the basic laws regarding firearms and why training is so important. This class also fulfills the Training requirement for your Maryland HQL.
- The safe firearms handling rules and why they are important
- How to safely store your firearm
- Basic principles of personal security inside and outside the home.
- The different types of handguns and how they function
- The different types of ammunition
- The fundamentals of marksmanship
- How to load, unload, and fire common types of pistols and revolvers.
Everything necessary for completion of this course is provided by Cindy’s Hot Shots (guns, ammunition, targets, eye and ear protection)
If you wish to use your own handgun instead of one of ours, please bring your firearm unloaded and in a case.
Contact the instructor directly by email at johnnys[email protected] or by cell at 443-864-0183 with any questions
If you have any questions about registration, please contact our trainer.
JW Firearms Training
Reserve your spot below: